Thursday, December 13, 2018

Recognizing Wealth 2


Written by Uyoyou Christiana Charles-Iyoha


Beloved, isn’t it ironic that a person so blessed and so endowed with wealth despised the wealth, sold it for peanuts and went in quest of poverty? Could this be akin to what Esau did? Significantly, and this is quite instructive. A great many of us; including me are no different from Ali Hafed. How often do we disdain real wealth and throw it away completely for what glitters that is nowhere near gold. I recall my early days in the jewelry business when I collected stock from any aunt to sell. She had capital and could bring in large quantities of real stuff – corals, pearls, gold and costume and quality costume and regular everyday jewelry. I preferred to sell corals and pearls because I understood and knew how tell the real from the fake. But when it came to gold and costume, I was a rookie. So when my aunt gave me some earrings to string corals and pearls earrings with, I returned them when I saw another set that had a greater glitter. My aunt tried to prevail against my decision to return the gold in favor of the glitter. I ignored her and insisted on the glitter.


Fortunately, I kept some of the non glitters for myself, just four of them and till date, I am ever grateful to God who led me that way as all the glitters have since faded. Talk about knowing the worth of what you own. Well, I have learnt and I am still learning that there is great wisdom in unearthing the blessings of God for one’s life daily enriching one’s life with the word of God. This is because the word of God will open your eyes of understanding to the hidden riches of God in you so that you can skillfully by the help of the Holy Spirit mine your true wealth.



Beloved, are you a versatile person and you a huge knowledgebase coupled with indepth understanding of issues and the wisdom to navigate people, institutions and nations out of stormy waters, then I have good news for you. Great wealth resides in you and you are probably toying with it because you have not been opportune like Joseph to stand before Pharaoh. It is not until you stand before Pharaoh that you are created wealthy and great. Prior to standing before Pharaoh, Joseph knew he was divinely created wealthy and great which explains the great dreams he had but which did not manifest in Canaan. Despite being in Canaan, Joseph dreamt big; leadership, wealth and power not only beyond his older siblings but his parents as well. That explains why even slavery in Egypt coupled with an unjust and indefinite prison sentence did not impact him negatively. He maintained a good disposition because he knew where he was headed despite the debilitating circumstances. He was not like Esau who allowed hunger to redirect him – he sold his birthright and navigated himself out of the blessings of the first born.

Beloved, you are a mine field of wealth that should not be disdained and undervalued because of the negative circumstances which appear to be hounding you everywhere you turn but which actually are the steeping stones that you require to move on to the next level just like prison became Joseph’s stepping stone to meeting with Pharaoh and becoming Prime Minister in Egypt. Therefore, hold on, look up to God for direction in the seeming maze and you will manifest speedily; not by might nor by power but by the Spirit of God. Shalom, God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment